Rio Combat Team Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement
Adult Participant or Minor Participant with Legal Guardian Consent
1. This is a release of liability. Read it carefully before signing. By signing this release, you are giving up your rights to sue Rio Combat Team, it agent, employees, and any parties that operate, administer, co-organize, in connection with the activity (as defined below) (collectively, the “Released Parties”) or to expect the Released Parties to be legally responsible or pay for any medical expenses or damages if you are injured, killed, or become ill, or your belongings are damaged as a result of participation in the activity.
2. Voluntary Participation. I acknowledge, that I am voluntarily choosing to (a) participate in a martial arts program, including but not limited to jiu jitsu, kickboxing, boxing, mixed martial arts, wrestling, grappling and submission wrestling that all present varying degrees of difficulty, organized or co-organized, operated or administered by Released Parties and held daily in Oakland California, and any activity incidental thereto, (b) be presented or use as applicable, facilities, other locations, equipment and/or transportation provided by
the Released Parties or others in connection with my participation in such activities (that activities in clauses (a) and (b) are referred to collectively as the “Activity).
3. Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Risk. I understand that certain risks are inherent in the Activity, and these risks can not be eliminated, altered, or controlled. I understand that risks that contribute to the unique character of the Activity can be the cause of my injury, illness, death or damage to my belongings. I voluntarily elect, with knowledge of the risks involved, to participate in the Activity. I acknowledge and willingly assume all risks and hazards associated with the Activity.
4. Release. I am an adult of sound mind, aged 18 years or older or I am a minor with my legal parent or guardian of sound mind expressing consent. In consideration for my being permitted to participate in the Activity, as an individual on behalf of my heirs, executors, agents and assigns, (a) I voluntarily agree and promise not make a claim against, sue or attach the property of the Released Parties, and (b) I forever release, waive discharge, and hold harmless the Released Parties for all the demands, actions, or claims of liability arising out of their negligence, fault, recklessness or any other act, omission, defect or hazard that
causes my illness, injury, or death, or damage to my belongings as a result of my participation in the Activity.
5. Knowing and Voluntary Execution. I have read this document in its entirety, I understand that by signing this document, I am assuming all risks of the Activity. I understand that this is a release of all claims. I understand that this is the entire agreement between me and the Released Parties and it cannot be modified or changed in any way by oral statements by any Released Parties or by me. I voluntarily sign my name as evidence of the acceptance by me of all provisions in this document and my agreement to be bound by them.
2020 COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Acknowledgement and Assumption of Risk
Release and Waiver
I am currently not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, which according to the CDC include cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell; nor have I or anyone in my household had COVID 19 symptoms in the last 14 days.
I agree NOT to use the Rio Combat Team facility or equipment or engage in physical activity with any person affiliated with or a member of Rio Combat team if at any time I or anyone in my household develop symptoms associated with or test positive for COVID-19, unless and until I am cleared by a physician. If I contract COVID-19 or develop symptoms within two (2) weeks of using the Rio Combat facility or equipment, I agree to immediately notify its ownership.
I have not nor has anyone in my household traveled outside the U.S. in the last 14 days.
I am not aware of having close contact with any person while they experienced COVID-19 symptoms, or any person reasonably suspected of having COVID-19.
I am fully aware of the risks and hazards with respect to COVID-19 including the risk of death, bodily injury, and loss of income, because of my participation in physical activities including physical fitness training.
My election to participate in or attend physical activities at Rio Combat Team is not compelled. I agree to release Rio Combat Team and its instructors, management and Board of Directors from any liability including their active or passive negligence for my or my child’s use of the Rio Combat Team facility and or equipment. My or my child’s use of the facility or equipment is voluntary and with the full understanding that its use is with the understanding of the inherent risk of contracting illness such as COVID-19. Based on my understanding, I believe the risk of contracting COVID-19 while exercising at Rio Combat Team is minimized due to precautions I undertook and followed.
Despite the precautions I undertake, I understand there are inherent risks involved in participating in physical activities at Rio Combat Team. I agree to not hold Rio Combat Team or its owners responsible for contracting any illness, including COVID 19 that can be traced to my use of the facility. My signature below is intended to acknowledge my intent to hold Rio Combat Team and its ownership free from liability.
I have read this document in its entirety and fully understand its terms. I understand that I am giving up substantial legal rights, including those rights of my child, by signing below, including the right to hold Rio Combat Team and or its owner liable for contracting COVD 19 while engaging in physical activity at its gym. I acknowledge that I am signing this agreement freely and voluntarily and intend my signature to be a waiver and complete and unconditional release of all liability due to the negligence of Rio Combat Team and its instructors, management, and Board of Directors, or the inherent risks of participating in the activities of this business or while attending the premises.